Friday, June 2, 2017

Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (gluten free and STILL delicious)

At long last I had the chance to make these tasty muffins that I have been craving!  And I have to say that it's the best batch yet.  Maybe because I was concentrating on what I was doing instead of watching a BBC mystery series at the same time, ahem :) 



The great thing about these muffins?  If you are avoiding gluten, then these are for you!  I make these using oat flour that I have made myself (sounds more impressive than it is...check out my super easy tutorial here!) 

Don't let the fact that these are GF deter you; I'm a gluten lover/consumer and stumbled upon these years ago and make them by choice, because I'm also an oat lover and these are delicious, oat-y goodness!  

3-1/2 cups Oat Flour
2/3 cup Sugar (raw, pure cane sugar makes these super tasty!)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3 Eggs
1-1/2 cups Milk 
1/2 cup oil
2 cups Oats (quick or regular)
2 Ripe Bananas, mashed
Chocolate Chips, to taste

In a mixing bowl combine oat flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  In a separate bowl combine eggs, milk, and oil.  Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.   Add the two bananas and mash into batter.  Add chocolate chips, as desired. I usually add a handful.  

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.  Makes 24.  

What do you like to make with oat flour?  


1 comment: